How to use exterior signage to make a strong first impression
Your exterior signage plays a pivotal role in making a lasting and positive first impression among your client base. Simultaneously making it warm and inviting yet clear and professional sets the tone that people are welcome at your place and that you are a trustworthy expert. By investing in professional signage solutions and some updated curb appeal, you can make that first impression the best impression.
The role of exterior signage
When considering exterior signage design and options, you need to remember that your signage should be working for you:
- Promotes a great first impression.
- Conveys a warm invitation and is accessible and welcoming to all guests.
- Highlights your professionalism and trustworthiness, makes people feel like they can rely on you and are safe.
- Is informative, clear and directs people with ease.
- Serves as an extension of your brand.
What to consider when picking signage
So how do you nail your exterior signage? Giving it some significant thought and seeking professional help is a good place to start. Some tips to consider:
- Have clear brand values and style guidelines set first. These will help guide your design and materials selection.
- Walk your property like a customer would. Better yet, bring people unfamiliar with your business/location in to walk it and share their perspective and needs with you.
- Consider accessibility. How will people with various special needs experience your location and be guided by the signage.
- Think through time and weather use cases. Do you need your sign to be well visible at night? Is it going to need to withstand inclement weather?
- How can you make it as clear, concise and universal as possible?
- Are there creative ways to make it serve unique functions?
- Is it consistent across all entry points and cohesive with exterior/interior signage throughout the property?
- What can you do to improve your curb appeal entirely/improve the area around the sign as well?
New and improved signage is a terrific way to give your space a facelift and make it more welcoming and functional to your guests. Contact us to discuss your branding and signage needs, we’ll be happy to answer any questions you have and provide a free quote.